Sunday, August 29, 2010

A New Beginning

Ready or not, it was time to take Steven to college yesterday. His girlfriend Brooke went along, and Rachel brought a friend as well. It was a bit of a stressful day; I think everyone's nerves were a bit on edge. We got him settled in and saying goodbye was anything but easy! It was hard to come home and lock the doors and turn out the outside lights...I'm used to leaving them on for him because he usually came in after we'd gone to bed. A bit quieter around here, that's for sure. I know he'll do well, he's a good kid and I have every confidence in his ability to succeed!




Steven walking us to our car.....a funeral march couldn't have been any more somber!



Steven and his sweetheart!



Having Brooke along made it easier/harder ..... but I'm glad she came with us.



Here's the moving crew. They unpacked all his clothes into his dresser and his closet; I made up his bed and unpacked snack stuff and such onto his shelves. He pretty much got to sit back and supervise! I think he was in overload mode anyway, so it was all good!

1 comment:

  1. Just crazy Aunt Donna! He will do great. I sent him a text on Sat cause I was thinking of him. If you would, please send along his address to me! The kids and I love to send care packages. we have gotten really good at it thanks to Mr Clapper!

    ReplyDelete